Oct 20, 2008

I Got Me Some Goose Bumps

And no, it's not Prabu this time;). It's Mr. Hrithik Roshan and his movie Jodha Akbar. To think I wasn't going to watch this movie because it was too long and too epic'ish (that's not even a word, I know). I loved it and that's all I am gonna say.

So where have I been for the past month or two. Well the usual, busy with work, home and oh yeah visiting doctors. When I got half my thyroid removed last year, I thought at least half my problems will go away. Apparently not. I got few more new issues that I have never had and it takes few visits/check-ups for the doctor to finally say "Ms.Yinti, your thyroid is the issue". She also was not happy that I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks, to which I had to say, "Dr, Baraz, my thyroid is the issue."

Work has been super busy. I always wondered how people work 12 to 16 hour days. I just spent whole month of September working 80 hours a week myself and now I feel your pain.

Me: Manager, please hire more people
M: Cannot. Economy is not good
Me: Give me a bonus then
M: Cannot. But we are letting everyone wear Jeans for the month of October as a "thank you for your hard work".

Ya know. I work from home in my pajamas because I have no time to take a shower on certain days till the clock strikes 12AM. What am I going to do with "wear jeans in October". I wish my house was on 3rd or 4th floor. I could so easily toss my work system out the window at times.

Mom and dad left for India 2 weeks ago on a 3 month vacation. My cousins are getting married and so they are visiting. I cannot believe I am missing it. I have already whined, felt sad about it so I am not going to do that no more :). I am hoping to re-live it by watching the pictures and the videos mom and dad are bringing back.

My cabin-fever has kicked back in again. Saritha left me to move back to Virginia (again, darn these husbands and their jobs). Madhavi went on a 3 month vacation to India. And the only other new neighbor that moved in next door was smoking something suspicious at 10 AM in the morning. So I am all alone unless the stress makes me wanna go join my neighbor;).

Went out for a happy hour today. Oh yeah, other people who work for my company live in Phoenix too :). It was so good, otherwise I think I would have called a therapist tomorrow..lol.

Vikram - well,the usual. He is getting naughtier and cuter by the day. Speaking both Tamil and Telugu. Understands English well so now Prabu and I have to talk in Hindi if we have any secret things going on. Eats lunch and dinner while watching the tamil movie, "Thiruvilayadal Aarambam" because the hero drives a bike and he loves one of the songs from that movie. Already has 7 pairs of shoes which proves again that he is MY son and my son only ;). Calls my high heels "Tuk Tuk shoes" because of the noise they make :). Says sorry by himself if he bumps into us. And finally will be turning 2 in 3 weeks and I have no plans on what to do that day yet.

Here is a recent picture of the familia :)

No comments: