Dec 31, 2011

Beginning Of The End Or The End Of The Beginning

It's already 2012 somewhere on the earth. It's still 2011 where I am. I hated New Year's Eve as a kid. Hated it with the utmost passion. You don't have to know the reason :). New Year's Eve always ended with me thinking (as always), "When I grow up and make a lot of money, I am going to have the best, happiest New Year's Eve". That was the time, I associated money with happiness. It took me a while to figure out, I can make the money, I can bring happiness, but I might still hate New Year's Eve. Don't get me wrong, I love celebrations. I love parties. But a dull and dud New Year's Eve, I hate.

So this year, to make it exciting, my client is going live on January 1st :). Yup, in another 3 hours we go live and I will be in a meeting at 12:01 AM :). Woohoo. Nope. Not being sarcastic at all. I bought a dress. I am going to get ready and sit at my laptop working away. You know why? Because there will be bunch of us and we will be talking, joking, working getting nervous and getting excited. That sort of day I like. A boring day is not me. I can not have it and I will not have it. This year will be the beginning of the end of the New Year's Eve hate and the end of the search for new beginning.

No comments: