Apr 5, 2007

Farewell lunch

I met colleagues from my last job for lunch today. It was me, Awesta, Amy, Arooj, Domenick, Jane, Joel, Lisa, Rita, Sherryl and Sue. Great farewell lunch:).

As soon as we were heading out, Jane got a call from her husband giving her a heads up about a robbery attempt that happened in a bank we were close to and that an FBI agent was shot. As soon as I came home, the news was confirmed. The officer is dead. Makes me really sad to hear this news. How horrible for his family:((.

At the exciting news front, I met one more of my classmates from my high school in India through orkut.com. That website introduced me so far to 6 of my classmates. We lost touch after high school with everyone going on to different colleges and me flying to NJ:). It's nice to see most of them in US. Hopefully, I get to meet some of them in person soon:).

We had guests visit us today.Lakshmi and her husband along with their daughters Akhila, Amala and Amulya stopped by to see Vikram. She was our neighbor when we were living in Easton Avenue apartment. Mom's good friend:).

V was a very good baby smiling at them, talking to them in his language and all. He hasn't rolled over yet but wants to just get up from his bouncer when we put him down for a nap. Mom says may be he will just start sitting and walking first before rolling over. haha! Good one mom:).

Oh! gotta share this with you all. I came back from lunch and wanted a coffee reallll bad. Had the coffee ready and just had to add milk and sugar, which I did. Took a big sip of this hot steaming coffee and....yuck...yuck, I mixed salt instead of sugar. Do not ask me how I managed to do that. I just did.

I didn't get a chance to upload the pictures we took today so I will just post a favorite of mine and say good night to y'all;)

No comments: