Oct 22, 2009

Tantrums....

V was throwing a major tantrum on Monday evening. Nothing would keep him satisfied. I said "I am going to count to 3 and then we are going to be quiet for few seconds. If not, I will have to take you to the fire station and give your name to the fire fighter to add it to his bad boys list" Well, turned out he didn't care and I followed through on my promise.

There was a fire station half a mile down from our apartment. My plan was to drive around and show him and he would be quiet. I was driving by and it worked but then there were two fire fighters playing basket ball outside. They waved and said hi and I pulled in and parked the car. Got V out. He was afraid for like 30 seconds. Then he started yapping, yapping and yapping..lol. He told them that I brought him in because he was a bad boy (shoot me now) and promised he will be a good boy from now on :).

I apologized to the guys. They were so nice. One of them said he has a son and he knows exactly what I was feeling :). They took V inside to show the fire truck, asked his name, gave high-fives and a fireman hat to take home :). It wasn't one of my best mommy moments. Just a desperate attempt to make him stop the whining and the screaming:). When I was putting him to bed I asked him again why he cried in the evening. "Because I wanted to wear the poop diaper and didn't want you to change it"

No comments: