May 18, 2008

Weekend with Friends

We went to Saguaro Lake today. By we I don't mean just my huge family but also, The Pareeks and The oh shoot I don't know their last name. Well, we have new neighbors/friends. So all 10 of us with 3 kids in tow decided to go to the lake. It was my brilliant idea to pack a picnic and go have fun as it's also Amma and Appa's wedding anniversary today. It was nice. We took a hour and half boat ride, had amma and appa cut the cake on the boat. It was very nice. But going back, what the heck was I thinking?

It was very hot.102 degrees to be exact. We left at 10 in the morning and by the time we got home it was 4 and everyone just slept till 6 in the evening without saying a word. We were just exhausted from doing nothing. It's like my childhood all over minus the sugar-cane juice.

On the other hand, we did bond with the new neighbors and the kids had fun. I need to find out new and inventive heat-proof picnics from now on. Prabu wants to just have a picnic in the living room next week.

No comments: