Dec 4, 2008

A Beautiful Gift

Chaitu came for Thanksgiving weekend. I made very non-traditional Thanksgiving meal with Coq Au Vin, Scallopped potatoes, Roasted Veggies and Rice. We left for babbi's place on friday. We got to see the Hopi reservation and also took a tour of the village that had no water and electricity. Yes people, there are people living in the USA without water or electricity and it is sad.

We stopped by at ahouse, and Chaitu bought their pottery while me and Julie bought some Kachina Dolls. While Julie and Babbi were talking to that family, Vikram was playing with their little osn. He was probably 6 or 7 years old. Him and V were playing catch with a ball. When we started to leave, the boy came running behind us, gave his ball to V and said he can have it. It was V's best gift I think. V did say thanks:) and for me it was an "Awwwww" moment to see a young kid give away his toy. It might not be a big deal for us adults, but I think for kids it is:).

So that was our thanksgiving weekend. I am leaving for Atlanta this saturday to visit Vani and Vitti. I am excite dto see them but nervous about the plane ride with just me and V. I am just crossing my fingers and hoping everything goes well.

No comments: