Jul 21, 2009

Must Have Done Something Good

Parenting books never interested me. I never read the "What to do when your baby is...." series (Even though I definitely want to read the new "What to do when your baby is 39 years old"). It's finally clear to me that these kids are born with a personality of their own. Just as you go into a relationship saying, "We can never change a person", you cannot change the personality of these kids. They are stubborn, they have an opinion of their own. At the same time, they are very forgiving and they are as much sensitive to things that happen around them as much as you and I are. You can and should give them the best of everything you can afford and offer, whether it is the clothes or the toys or education.

I had to re-think /re-do the whole way I deal with V recently. Things are going much smoother now with him. He was never a major tantrum throwing kid. There was always a reason when he got cranky. He loves his personal space and likes people to leave him alone at times :). Something that happened last night told me, I must have done something right with him and I hope he continues this way :).

V saw me with tears in my eyes and said, "You Ok Momma". Now I don't remember why I was crying last night and I only remember crying with happiness that he asked me that :). He was nice to me all night and was being goofy and funny with me. I think I saw him as a man and not as a toddler last night :). Just as every mother thinks of their son this way at some point, my time is today to say this: "V will make some one very happy one day. He already made his momma proud".

1 comment:

Dolly said...

He said you ok momma?? That is sooo precious!!! Hugs!!!