Nov 7, 2010

Can You Make Me A Truck Momma?

V's birthday is coming up in a week. Last year was a Fire Truck themed party (Not because he was obsessed with fire trucks back then, but just because I did not have time to plan it better). This year, I decided to do it a bit better and see what he is really into. Boy oh Boy! He is into trucks. Not monster trucks or fire trucks. The big rigs, Semi trailer trucks, Flat bed trucks and car transporter truck. Mind you he gave me a lesson on those differences and apparently bike transporter trucks are not as fun as car transporters. So I decided to do a truck themed party. I looked all over Google and it's mother for anything truck related which would be useful for a kid's birthday party. Nada. You see, no one is as weird as my brat so it's hard:).

So I decided to make the invitations myself. Took me close to 2 weeks to come up with half way decent prototype. And another week to actually make them (Cutting head, body, wheels and cables is hard work ya'll). Here is the sample (The pic you see on the truck is V holding steering wheel. It's a cropped shot of him at the pumpkin picking)



Another reason it got delayed was because I got distracted and ended up making him a "garage" out of cardboard.



I think by now V figured I can "make" things. So today we were at the toy store and he saw a yellow transporter truck and played with it for a bit. Before going to bed he says, "Can you make me a transporter truck momma, please?". I told him I will see what I can do and that I am not sure if I can make a truck. But what the heck. I had the cardboard and a glue gun. I can't wait to see his reaction :). Presenting a weird (a bit crappy too probably but I ain't complaining much) transporter truck (made with some cardboard, steering wheel, ribbon spools, pencils and some hot glue). I will let him pick which cars he wants to use in it or I can make some new cars ;).



1 comment:

Dolly said...

Aww...look at you!! :)

Cute!!